Clarifying the truth about Fat Burners!
Fat burners (also known as Thermogenics) have long been one of the most controversial supplements on the market.
The concept, and benefits behind Fat Burners is often blurred with great marketing tactics.
At Nutrition Capital, we pride ourselves on education and therefore being open and transparent with where certain supplements can fit within ones supplement regime.
So, let's get into and clarify the truth behind fat burners!
Will a Fat Burner magically make me lose weight?
No - unfortunately not! We all wish it was that easy.
However, when it comes to weight loss, it is important to remember that the ONLY fundamental way an individual can lose weight is by being in a Calorie Deficit, which means consuming less calories than your body requires for daily functions.
So where do Fat Burners come into weight loss?
Although Fat Burners or Thermogenic's can't make us magically lose weight, they can certainly assist with this process and help us reach our goal of fat loss.
Ways in which Fat burners can help include:
- Appetite Suppression - curbing cravings and helpng you feel fuller for longer.
- Diuretic / Water Loss - The herbal ingredients that assist with water loss can assist individuals at the final stage of a cut or help shift the scale in an event where weight categories apply. It is important to note that reduced fluid retention and fat loss are two different things.
- Utilising Fat stores for energy - the primary ingredient in most fat burners is Acetyl L-Carnitine, which is responsible for transporting Fat Stores to the mitochondria (powerhouse of our cells) where it is converted into usable ATP energy.
- Increasing Energy Levels - many Fat Burners contain stimulants such as caffeine which can help increase our energy output. When dieting, this can help counter any lethargic feeling we may have and an increase in energy can ultimately result in the burning of more calories
- Assiting with mood regulation - As we diet, its common to experience irritability, ingredients can be added to assist with the production of excitatory neurotransmitters which can positively impact mood, making the calorie deficit a more pleasant experience....for everyone else around you.
Do we consider Fat Burners to be essential to one's supplement stack when looking to pursue weight loss?
Certainly not! However, a fat burner can be a great tool in your toolbelt when it comes to weight loss, and it may just be that small tool that can help you take your weight loss to the next level, particularly if you feel as though you have started to plateau!
Some of our best selling Fat Burners include: