Vitamin D protects a number of important functions in the body.* In addition to supporting healthy bones and muscles, it supports cardiovascular health and immune function.* Although direct sunlight provides natural vitamin D, many individuals of all ages, especially the elderly, do not get enough vitamin D from sunlight and their diet. Vitamin D supplementation can be of great benefit in these situations.* However, the powders used in many pre-mixed vitamin D dilutions frequently contain potentially detrimental ingredients such as lactose, as well as preservatives such as BHT, BHA, sodium benzoate, and sorbic acid. Thorne's vitamin D is formulated for individuals who are sensitive to those ingredients.
In the United States, the current recommended daily intake of 800 IUs vitamin D is based on the minimum amount to protect against bone disease. However, this amount might not be sufficient to support optimal health.* Research suggests serum vitamin D levels should be in the range of 32-80 ng/mL 25-hydroxyvitamin D.
The amount of vitamin D needed to achieve minimum vitamin D sufficiency – generally recognized to be a blood level of 32 ng/mL of 25-hydroxyvitamin D – depends on many factors and varies from individual to individual. Thus, the requirement for vitamin D supplementation should be individualized. Either D-1,000 or D-5,000 maybe be ideal to maintain an optimal level of vitamin D in healthy individuals.*
D-10,000 is intended for individuals who need higher vitamin D supplementation, and D-25,000 is intended for individuals who need short-term, very high vitamin D supplementation.
Take 1 capsule daily or as recommended by your health professional.
Benefits of Thorne’s Vitamin D-10,000:
- Supports healthy teeth and bones*
- Promotes lean muscle mass and helps maintain muscle strength*
- Enhances the absorption and retention of calcium*
- Supports healthy brain function*
- Promotes cardiovascular health and immune function*
- Formulated with vitamin D3, a more potent and better absorbed form than vitamin D2
- Thorne’s vitamin D contains no lactose and no preservatives like BHT, BHA, sodium benzoate, and sorbic acid
You could be at a higher risk of a vitamin D deficiency if you:
- Rarely go outdoors, live in the northern latitudes, or have a darker skin tone
- Have limited sun exposure due to your occupation, clothing choices, or engage in indoor athletics rather than outdoor sports
- Regularly wear sunscreen with an SPF greater than 8
- Are an older adult (the risk of a deficiency increases with age beginning at age 50)
- Have a chronic health condition, such as a bowel disease or a surgical procedure (like gastric bypass) that decreases fat absorption
- Are obese
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.